MySQL Server access denial
Posted by: lostgirl12 (---.edu.bn)
Date: December 02, 2006 07:44AM

hey peepz...

i was wondering, i managed to ping my server on the network but when i tried to connect to it, it said that i don't have permission to use the MySQL Server eventhough the WAMP is online. can someone help me out here?

thanks

farah k.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL Server access denial
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 02, 2006 07:27PM

from inside or outside your network?

remember, wampserver is for developers, not for produciton, so outside accessible might not be fully supported here

Posted by: lostgirl12 (---.simpur.net.bn)
Date: December 03, 2006 03:40AM

it is within my network...i am not sure whether i am supposed to share the folder or what...i can see the shared folder of the other laptop which acts as a server but when i tried to access her mysql server, the access was denied...

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 03, 2006 06:50AM

Did you/she put wamp server in online mode through wamp tray icon? And how did you access that database server, through phpmyadmin? Remember, by default phpmyadmin and sqlitemanager is not accessible from ooutside.

Post Edited (12-03-06 19:01)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: lostgirl12 (---.simpur.net.bn)
Date: December 04, 2006 01:58PM

yup, she put it on online mode through wamp tray icon.i used a java application to access the database in mysql server but an exception message indicating that i have no access to the server appeared. so what is the purpose of having the online mode for wamp?

farah k.

Posted by: Mark Jones (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 06:09AM

Hi lostgirl12. Sounds like exactly what you are saying - you don't have access to the SQL sever on her machine. You need to create a username and password on her SQL so you can use it. Or are you trying to login as the administrator there?

I am a little confused when you say "share the www folder." Do you mean that the www folder is mapped to a network share? Because that sounds like a nightmare in the making. ;-)

The "online mode" is supposed to be used to allow beta-testers access to your (finished) page so they can test it for you. That is all. It enables Apache to speak with the rest of the net, provided the rest of your private network will allow it. Then, once testing is done, you take WAMP offline and move your PHP files to a dedicated service provider.

Regards,
Mark

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: December 05, 2006 02:37PM

Question: where did you save that java file, in your machine or in your friend? and in what name of server did you use to access?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.