using asp files
Posted by: nkoss (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: November 26, 2006 11:58PM

I have a website that I want to test on my local machine using thw wampserver. However, the files are asp, not php. Is it possible to run it. An index.html file is located in /vp under /wamp/www/, which immediately loads an index.asp, but when I use [localhost], it asks if I want to save or run the index.asp. Is there a way to run these websites?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: using asp files
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 27, 2006 02:23AM

WAMP is stand for Windows, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. There is no ASP in there.

However, they do have a mod for asp.net, not sure if asp can work w/ it or not. So my suggestion is google for asp for wamp and try it yourself then post back the result here.

Hope this help and have fun

Date: November 27, 2006 06:57PM

smiling smiley I knew what the acronym was smiling smiley But I was just hoping that I could test some asp stuff. I did look around, but have not found anything for asp, just asp.net which seems to be different. Even the file extension is different (aspx)

I'll keep looking...thanks

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 27, 2006 07:34PM

you might want check this

[www.apache-asp.org]

Date: November 27, 2006 10:04PM

I did. It's not totally clear...is Perl already included in WAMP? This seems to say that asp will work, but only using perl, which I totally don't understand...Why is this so difficult?

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 27, 2006 10:24PM

no, perl does not include in wampserver by default. you need to install perl add-on if want to

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.