Socket Support
Posted by: Arion (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 04:47PM

I'm currently working on a project which requires the low-level socket functionality of PHP, is there any way to enable that in Wamp, or possibly get a version of PHP that has it enabled?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Socket Support
Posted by: roms (65.91.54.---)
Date: November 04, 2006 04:58PM

Hi,
try
wamp menu > PHP settings > PHP extensions > php_sockets.

And thats's it ;-)

Romain

Date: November 05, 2006 01:05AM

Thanks, tried that, but it didn't work automatically as it should have, now I'm having the same problem as this guy:
[forum.wampserver.com]

Browser side works fine, CLI returns a 'Function Not Defined' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 05, 2006 08:54PM

make sure you command line arguments for windows os, not linux os. also check your phpinfo file to see if you have enabled socket support successfully. also remember after you edit your php.ini or httpd.conf file you need to restart apache for the new settings to take effect.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Date: November 06, 2006 12:17AM

Alright, command line arguments are fine, I'm using the following command (just to be sure):
php.exe -q C:\test.php

Apache was restarted automatically by Wamp after enabling the extension (not to mention the numerous times I've shut it down while trying other so-called 'easy setup servers' none of which were quite as easy).

I'm not sure if it helps, but when run from the browser I receive an 'Incorrect Function' error for the socket error after everything fails out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.