Problems!!
Posted by: gisela (---.na.avantel.net.mx)
Date: October 31, 2006 04:21PM

Hi, yesterday i have been installed WAMP5 on win xp, but i have a problem, because the apache server doesn´t work, and i don´t know what i have to do, could you help me.

Thanks.

Gisela

Sorry, my english isn´t good sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems!!
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 31, 2006 07:23PM

if you have windows xp pro, 2000, or 2003 installed then a microsoft web server called IIS is running. if another web server is running, apache will not start. you need to stop IIS first and then start apache.

if you have skype installed, it to uses the same port as apache, so you need to make sure skype is not running while trying to start apache.

if you are still having problems, use the wamp tray icon menu and select test port 80
left click the wamp icon and go to Apache -> Test Port 80

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Administrator

Posted by: gisela (---.na.avantel.net.mx)
Date: October 31, 2006 08:50PM

Hi, you´re right when i have been installed the wamp5 , iis was running on the port 80, but i uninstalled, and i use the option Test Port 80, and it says "The port 80 isn´t actually used", and then i try width the Install Service option, but only says "press enter to continue" and i press enter, but nothing happen

My question is, what i have to do?

Can you help me please, i need start to work with this tecnologhy, but i´m new in this things

Thanks

Date: November 01, 2006 09:23PM

you need to stop IIS, then start apache.

Posted by: ginser (---.t1.cavtel.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 12:14AM

I too am having the same issue I thougth I stoped IIS in the comand prompt but It still says that only one of my two services is started. If you could please help me to stop IIS and start apache I would truely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric

Post Edited (11-02-06 00:14)

Date: November 02, 2006 12:45AM

make sure iis is stopped , and then use the wamp tray icon and select the link to test port 80 to see what is using that port.

Posted by: ginser (---.t1.cavtel.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 01:15AM

I had do remove IIS totally to get it to work. Is there any way to have IIS so I can use Visual Web Developer and Apache on the same machine. I know this is a pain to answer but it really does mean a lot that you took the time to answer.

Thanks

Date: November 02, 2006 04:28AM

you can just start iis when you want to use it. then stop it and start apache when you want to use apache.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Administrator

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.