IIS and Apache, together/simultaneously
Posted by: lovethewamp (---.dsl.lgtpmi.ameritech.net)
Date: September 18, 2006 06:57PM

All:

It *IS* possible to run IIS and Apache simultaneously. How?

1. Download WAMP.

2. Run the installer.

3. Choose NO when asked if you want to install WAMP as services.

4. Do NOT start WAMP right away.

5. Change *ALL* references to port 80 in C:\wamp\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf to whatever port you want (other than 80, which is what IIS likes). (Also, your path might be different, so adjust accordingly.)

6. Change *ALL* references in C:\wamp\scripts\test_port.php and C:\wamp\scripts\test_port_for_install.php to the same port you used in step 5.

7. Just for consistency, change the port number caption in C:\wamp\wampserver.ini file to match (do a find for "port" and you'll jump right to it).

8. Now, run Wampserver. It might croak still when starting Apache; that's ok.

9. Run the Test Port function; it should run fine.

(The next part is fuzzy, as I did this last week and am recalling all of this from memory).

10. I believe the Test Port function asks you if you want to install the service if the port is available; say Yes. If not, then you should run the "Install Service" function for Apache.

11. Try starting the service. It should run.

12. If so, also install the service for MySQL.

13. Go into your Services control panel, and if you want, see both services to start Automatically.

As I stated, the last part is fuzzy, but VERY close to what I did to get IIS and Apache to run together. I'm running both right now, in fact!

If you've already installed WAMP, shut every WAMP service down, stop WAMP, and complete steps 5-13.

LoveTheWamp!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IIS and Apache, together/simultaneously
Posted by: stuarte (---.force9.co.uk)
Date: September 19, 2006 12:28AM

Also, tell IIS to disable socket pooling and use a different IP to Apache.

The 2 servers are then unaware of each other.

cd InetPub
cd adminscripts
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/disablesocketpooling true

I run this as a batch job on start up and don't have any problems.

If you temporarily remove the IIS IP address from your NIC and stop IIS while you install WAMP, you might find that you don't need to do anything else.

I wasn't using WAMP at the time, but installed Apache alongside IIS with no problems at all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.