SQL database
Posted by: bigbrother (---.ok.ok.cox.net)
Date: August 31, 2006 03:54AM

Hey guys, this seems to be a common theme on these forums, and I read a few posts that didnt help. Sorry if this has been asked.

Ok I have a server set up with Apache, PHP and mySQL(non WAMP). I configured it all and changed the ini files untill I thought I was going to cry out of anger. I got PHP to work and I can make and manage SQL databases. For some reason I never could figure out what I configured wrong on the SQL server side. I couldnt install PHPBB or any other forums on my site. So I installed WAMP on my workstation (this computer) and tried to get PHPBB to work here. Well I cant figure out where the heck I go to access the SQL part of things. Hell I dont know what my username and password are because it was set up automatically. I'm hoping you guys can help me out sad smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SQL database
Date: August 31, 2006 04:05AM

Never mind chaps. I got it worked out. I didnt know it was web based.

Date: August 31, 2006 05:29AM

Ok Now I do have a problem. When my friend went to register on my forums he got this message

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

but it let him register and join anyway. What's the deal with this? Or is this a question to ask the boys and girls down at PHPBB?

Post Edited (08-31-06 05:29)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 31, 2006 09:27PM

wamp does not come with an smtp server so you cannot send email with it.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 01, 2006 12:17AM

Check your default webmaster email setup for your phpbb forum.
Hope this help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.