Add-on Ideas
Posted by: justgiz (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 22, 2006 08:48AM

what about a ftp server, or a mail server ?¿?

--
Gizzmo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Add-on Ideas
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 22, 2006 03:00PM

google it, buddy, just like mine

[test.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]

Edit: Wampserver is for developer, not for production. Actually, it's better this way because you can install the ones that meet your expectation most, like me, I tested more than 10 ftp servers, more than 5 mail servers as well as more than 5 webmails, then finally stick with the ones I'm having right now because they're all free and have most features I like.

Hope this help.

Post Edited (08-22-06 15:32)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Andy (---.cable.ubr11.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 23, 2006 04:40AM

Hi all,

I'd LOVE to take advantage of one of the new functions that has appeared in WAMP recently...

In the new version, you can knock the server offline, locking it down to only the LOCALHOST.

As far as I'm aware, this basically makes your web server appear to have dissappeared. What I'd prefer is for it to dish out a different web page that can be edited so that I can let users know the site is down for upgrades for example, while still allowing the LOCALHOST to see the actual site.

Hope this makes sense.

All the best,

Andy.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 23, 2006 11:13PM

it would also be nice to see ruby, postgresql, and firebird included to wamp, or added to the wamp add-ons.

Posted by: Sparky (---.upc-i.chello.nl)
Date: August 24, 2006 05:11PM

If i could have it my way, i would like to see an AWStats addon.
AWStats gives much more detail than Webalizer, it looks better (or at least that's what i think) and many people who would want to use AWStats, have a bloody hard time doing it. I am one of those people. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.