Installed OK, PHP scripts not running well!
Posted by: black.horizons (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 18, 2006 05:47PM

Hi there,

I just installed WAMP, after struggling for a couple of days trying to install apache, phpmyadmin, and mysql to my PC [XP SP2]. I installed it after the third go, duno quite what happened the first two times.

The only reason I got it was to run a website for a presentation i've to do on monday night [21st].

the phpinfo script runs fine, but when I run my script it doesn't work so well.

the script can be seen at: www.catalyticstudios.haisoft.net/annadale/main.php

that server is running mysql 4.0.25, php 4.3.11 and phpmyadmin 2.6.0-pl3.

the phpinfo for that server is at: www.catalyticstudios.haisoft.net/annadale/phpinfo.php

the problem is as shown here: www.catalyticstudios.haisoft.net/annadale/oops.jpg

can anybody tell me whats gone wrong?!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installed OK, PHP scripts not running well!
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 18, 2006 06:06PM

are you using your own custom install of apache, php,mysql or are you using wamp?

if you are using your own custom install, make sure you have installed php. you can not run php scripts until php is installed. if you need help installing php for apache use
[us2.php.net]

if you do have apache and php installed, or you are using wamp, then you are most likely using short ASP style tages in your php code. I recommend you use full php tags. there are two ways to fix your problem. the first option is to edit your php code and change all <? to <?php. if you have tons of php scripts, then changing this for each script can be a problem. so, to make things easier, you can do it the second way. open your php.ini file and find
short_open_tag = off

change to
short_open_tag = on

[us2.php.net]

any time you edit your php config file (php.ini) or your apache config file (httpd.conf) you need to restart apache for your new settings to take effect.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.