recompile PHP on Windows XP to enable PostgreSQL
Posted by: alanmarcel (200.178.171.---)
Date: August 08, 2006 08:14PM

I am using WAMP5 1.6.4a on Windows XP. But I have to use a PostgreSQL database. I installed the phppgadmin 4.0.1 as alias. It did not work, because I need to recompile the PHP to suport PostgreSQL. I know how to do it on Linux: --with_pgsql=\usr\bin\pgsql, but I am using Windows XP.. Do you know how i can recompile the PHP to enable suport to PostgreSQL in Windows XP? Should I recompile the PHP on Linux and copy this recompilation to Windows?
Please.. Help me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: recompile PHP on Windows XP to enable PostgreSQL
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 09, 2006 02:32AM

it would be killer if WAMP came with PostGreSQL too.

you dont have to complie anything on windows, just install PostGreSQL and then enable the postgresql entensions in your php.ini and you are ready to go.

Post Edited (08-09-06 02:39)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: recompile PHP on Windows XP to enable PostgreSQL
Posted by: alanmarcel (---.user.veloxzone.com.br)
Date: August 09, 2006 03:43AM

yes!
yes!

i have discoveried it by myself!

i just erased a ; before the command: extension php_pgsql.dll in PHP.ini, like CyberSpatium said and it worked!!

thanks anyway!

see you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.