Wamp server access via IP
Posted by: junaidfcs (80.231.137.---)
Date: August 08, 2006 12:35AM

Hello,

I have installed WAMP in my windows XP professional. WAMP is running fine on my localhost computer so whenever I connect to internet I want some one else on internet can accesss my webserver via IP of my computer assigned by ISP. E.g if ISP gives me the IP 222.52.25.35 so any one (definitly to whome I tell my IP) can access the sites at my wamp server via [222.52.25.35]

After connecting to internet I tried this URL from my own computer and it gives same results as for [localhost] but one of my friends also using internet at his home when run the above url then he reported some time the blank white page or some time this error (113) No route to host.

I guess I need some setting in the config files of wamp. But in which file and wht?
Please help me...

I hope every one understood what I want but if some ambuigty feel free to ask

Thanks
Junaid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp server access via IP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 08, 2006 12:54AM

localhost is your local computer. sowhen your friend trys to access localhost, he will be accessing his own local computer.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2006 01:53PM

To access your computer worldwide, you need either service as follows:
For ip, you need dynip service, and for domain, you need dns service.
Hope this help

Date: August 09, 2006 08:20AM

Well,
Thanks for your replies.
First I want to let CyberSpatium know that my friend is not typing localhost. He was typing my IP address given to me by ISP at that time.

Secondly as yfastud suggested you need dynip and dns service. But I dont think so as we can access any server on the internet via its IP regardless of the domain name and its name servers. I have the IP address at that and any one should access to my computer via IP/PORT socket. Sine my friend is typing [222.4.55.35] it means that he is giving both things IP+port (80 for http).

One of other friend also showed me once the pages hosted at his home computer on IIS+CFM while he was on the internet and in IIS I asked him and he replied the default website option does this trick.

Well must be there will be some option in apcahe as apache is faaaar better than IIS.

waiting for your replies...
Thanks
Junaid

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 09, 2006 08:26AM

you dont need dynamic ip service if you have a static ip address. for your friend to be able to connect to your WAMP, put your server in online mode, and use
[your.ip.address.here]

if you have an isp like aol, you do need a dynamic ip service since your ip address changes every time you log in to aol.

Date: August 09, 2006 09:29PM

Hello CyberSpatium,
Well thanks for your reply.
I dont have static IP address. I got dynamic IP each time I connect to my ISP and for me its Ok. I can tell to my friend each time my IP when he wishes to see the sites at my server.
You mentioned in your reply put WAMP in online mode. How can I do that?

waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Junaid

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 09, 2006 10:08PM

Through wamp tray icon.
Google to get free dynip service.
Hope this help

Post Edited (08-09-06 22:10)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.