Router ext port numbers
Posted by: Centron (---.oxfordnetworks.net)
Date: August 07, 2006 11:10PM

Any one know the ext.port number to uses so people can get past my router and see my site. the other night my power went out and my Linksys router reset, and no know one can see my site any more.

if you can please assist thank you.

Centron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Router ext port numbers
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 08, 2006 01:59PM

If your power was out, you need to reset portforward in your router and also with your dns service if you already had it, but if you don't have dns service and want to access your computer worldwide, you need either service as follows:
For ip, you need dynip service, and for domain, you need dns service.
[forum.wampserver.com]
Hope this help

Date: August 10, 2006 02:12PM

Nope not useful.

Ok let me see if I can make it more clear.

I have a router/ wire wall. That has to have a ext port number so it will point the viewers of the out side web to a particular computer on my network.

Port forwarding can be used to set up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests on your router, they will be redirected to the specified IP.

With this ext port number #### , (wish I have not a clue what number it is), people will be redirected to my website. The router is providing me with an IP but needs the Ext port number.

Any one have any clue what that number is

Post Edited (08-10-06 14:15)

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 10, 2006 02:34PM

When you enable port 80 for http in firewall and portforward in your router on computer that has wamp installed, and also put services online through wamp tray icon, people will see your site.

For example, I've already tested that if I change any one setting above, you won't see this site below:

[testsite.jlbn.com]

Have fun.

Post Edited (08-10-06 14:40)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 11, 2006 12:17AM

thanks port 80 did the trick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.