php dynamic images
Posted by: LifeToTake (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: August 02, 2006 07:39AM

I've been trying to figure out how to make dynamic images work but I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to make it work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php dynamic images
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 02, 2006 02:10PM

make sure you use GD not imagemagick, as imagemagick is not supported on windows os's.

the easiest way to use dynamic images in my opinion is to use a class. it is much easier to use an already written class and saves tons of development time versus doing it yourself. you can find tons fo freeware frameworks and classes that will help you.

PEAR has a few classes that can help you out.

pear.php.net

there is one site on the net I always use to find classes. this is by far the most popular php classes and framework site on the net. the only problem is the site is a major pain in the XXX to surf and navigate, and is bloated with ads which makes the site load extremely slow, even with broadband.

www.phpclasses.org

-- EDITED --
after I finished writing this post, I surfed over to my favorite ajax site ajaxian.com and found this. seems that I am not the only one who despises that phpclasses.org site. check out the comments posted here
http://ajaxian.com/archives/phpclassesorg-ajax-upgrade

Post Edited (08-02-06 14:21)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: php dynamic images
Posted by: LifeToTake (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: August 03, 2006 12:30AM

Thanks for the help. Looks like I got more to learn now because I don't really know the difference between GD and imagemagick. I really appreciate the help a lot. ^_^

---Edit----
Upon inspection it turns out that I didn't have the php_gd2 php extention enabled. Now all my dynamic images work.

Post Edited (08-03-06 00:35)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.