Newbie Configuration Problems
Posted by: Kujp Sucisv (12.34.68.---)
Date: August 01, 2006 03:14PM

Ok I'm haveing a hard time getting my Apache and php to play well with one another. Is there some sort of configeration changes that need to be made? I'm using Apache 2.0.58(Win32), php 5.1.4, and MySQL 5.0.22-community-nt, which are all apart of the WAMP5 bundle. If anyone could give me some insight on this I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

I did go to this site:
[www.siteinaweek.com]

And to this site:
[www.ricocheting.com]

And I am still having php problems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie Configuration Problems
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 01, 2006 03:46PM

You keep say having the problem, but what exactly the problem? Through wamp tray icon, all the services working? If not, already had the problem w/ installation. If yes, type http:/localhost/ in your browser, then post the outcome here.

Date: August 01, 2006 04:14PM

I'm getting errors with my php code that lead me to believe something is not configured correctly:
/********************************************************************************/
FOR THIS LINE OF CODE:
$access = odbc_connect('G\:Information Services\Shared\PromoDB\PromoDB/mdb','','');
/********************************************************************************/
I GET THIS ERROR:
Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length, SQL state S1090 in SQLConnect in fileMaintMaster.php on line 18
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
FOR THIS LINE OF CODE:
$mysql = mysql_connect('localhost','root','""');
I GET THIS ERROR:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in fileMaintMaster.php on line 22

Especially the last one where is says that the mysql_connect is an undefined function.

Date: August 01, 2006 04:20PM

Did you check the tray icon to see if all services working?

Date: August 01, 2006 05:03PM

All services were running at the time. However, I found out that php does not include the php_mysql.dll initially so I had to go into the php.ini file and include that, turn off all the services and then turn them back on. By doing that I was able to get rid of the mysql_connect() error. However, I'm stil working on resolving the odbc_connect() error.

Date: August 01, 2006 06:20PM

Missing files means you've already got a problem when installation. If already created some data files, backup them, uninstall and reinstall wamp; hope that can fix that problem.
Hope this help.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 01, 2006 09:44PM

WAMP comes with mysql not mssql. mysql is freeware, mssql is not. to use mssql, you will need to download and install it yourself.

Date: August 01, 2006 09:54PM

Thanks to all those who reponded; the problems have been resolved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.