User login in MySQL?
Posted by: Jon (---.range86-142.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 28, 2006 04:41PM

Hi Im very new to Wampserver and using MySQL. I have installed everything ok, but the only problem Im having at the moment is that when I log in to the MySQL Monitor it only ask's me to enter a password which means I can't change users. I have tried entering my password and typing 'quit' but that just closes the MySQL Monitor and when I open it again it just asks for the password. Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: User login in MySQL?
Posted by: areimann (---.westridge.com)
Date: July 28, 2006 09:41PM

have you used the username root and a blank password?

Posted by: Jon (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 31, 2006 02:37PM

Yeah I have used the username root and a blank password, though I did change the password so that it wasn't blank because I was worried about insecurity. I have created two new users, an 'admin' user and a 'usage' user but because I can't quit without the monitor closing complety I dont know how to change users. I thought that I would be asked for my user name as well as my password whenever I opened the Monitor but it just asks for the password (which is for the root). Have I made a mistake in installation?
Thanks for your help by the way smiling smiley

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: July 31, 2006 02:39PM

To set password, check this post
[forum.wampserver.com]
Hope this help.

Posted by: Jon (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 31, 2006 03:22PM

Sorry it's not the password Im having trouble setting-the mysql monitor wont let me loggin as anyone else other than the root user. Whenever I open the mysql monitor the only thing on screen is 'Enter Password:' and if I type 'quit' in hope of logging out, the mysql monitor window closes completely and opening it again just diplays the password prompt again.
I want to be able to change users so that I can test/view the database info when the database is live on the internet.
I have tried editing the config.inc.php. file to adjust the user and password info in conjunction with the phpMyAdmin priveleges to see if that would make a difference-but to no avail.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: July 31, 2006 04:33PM

I think you mean phpMyAdmin central copy in which each user when log in can only see his database. If that so, google it because I don't think you can get the answer here.
Hope this help.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 01, 2006 03:50AM

you need to add uses to the mysql users table in order to login to mysql monitor with a different account then user.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.