Update C++ dependencies
Posted by: Olifant1990 (---.upc-j.chello.nl)
Date: March 03, 2024 04:23PM

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to make the wamp Aestan Tray updates (like wamp3_x64_aetray3.2.5.5.exe) not dependent on installed C++ redistributables?
Since I cannot download the .exe file itself anymore, but need an update package, it cannot be done without the older redistributables.
I am running Wamp 3.3.3 fine with only the latest supported redistributables (2013 and 2015-2022).
But when I want to execute wamp3_x64_aetray3.2.5.5.exe, it is telling me I need the older redistributables too. That is not true. Maybe we can make it a warning with an option to run it at your own risks?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2024 04:30PM by Olifant1990.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update C++ dependencies
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2024 06:15PM

Hi,

See "Best way to install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages" at the bottom of:
https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 03, 2024 08:59PM

Not what I meant winking smiley
I do not want to install the older dependencies. Wamp runs fine with only 2013 and 2015-2022 C++ libs.
So I want to be able to install new Aestan Tray updates, without being forced to install older ones.

Date: March 04, 2024 09:50AM

> Wamp runs fine with only 2013 and 2015-2022 C++ libs.
Because you don't need to run PHP versions prior to 7.2.0.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 10, 2024 01:36PM

That is correct, so it would be nice to remove the requirement of the older libs in the update installers.

Make that a warning or something, but being able to continue would be nice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2024 01:49PM by Olifant1990.

Date: March 11, 2024 10:46AM

Once VC++ 2010, 2012, 2013 have been installed, this will no longer be requested by future updates.

What you want is not possible and is a source of future problems. The addon installers for older PHP versions don't check whether the necessary VC++ is installed, and it's totally out of the question for me to recompile over three hundred addons to incorporate tests for the presence of the necessary VC++.

Date: March 12, 2024 05:29PM

I mean, I have been enable to install wamp 3.3.2 and update it to 3.3.3 by installing "wampserver3_x64_update3.3.3.exe".

Now I wanted to install an Aeston Tray update, named "wamp3_x64_aetray3.2.5.5.exe" and it is not letting me.

I am not asking you to recompile all updates/addons, just to make a change for upcomming ones to make the check optional and being able to continue

See: [pasteboard.co]

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2024 05:37PM

Wouldn't it just be simpler to install all the redistributables.

As you are getting all this for free, the least you could do is just install all the redistributables, afterall, they are not going to do you system any harm and it is just possible that other software you install may also make use of one or more of these redistributables!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 13, 2024 08:21AM

But I do not want to, because I do not need them and officially they are EOL and not supported anymore.
Just asking, I am not attacking anyone here winking smiley

Date: March 13, 2024 09:37AM

One of Wampserver's features is the ability to run the same local site with different versions of PHP simultaneously, using FCGI mode.

This is used a lot by users who want to update old sites running an old version of PHP, and these old versions of PHP require old versions of C++ dependencies.
Even if these old C++ versions are EOL and no longer supported, they are still functional.

The addon installers for older versions of PHP (or Apache or MySQL) don't check whether the necessary VC++ is installed.

The only way I've found to avoid problems is to check that these older VC++ are installed during Wampserver and Aestan Tray Menu updates.

If you don't need them, fine! But you know very well that 99% of users don't read popup texts and click on the Next button without really knowing what they're doing.

So it'll stay as it is.

What's more, under the link given :
All VC++ packages are on https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/
section "Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages" See: "Best way to install Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages"

Use this installer, which installs ALL VC++ dependencies in a single installation and removes obsolete or unnecessary files. You'll only have to do this once, and then update VS17 if necessary.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.