How to start real Web Server ?
Posted by: Jaguar (194.106.184.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 01:25AM

I got account and IP from Dyndns (xxx.dyndns.org), raise Wamp, put index.html in www dir, switch to "Put Online" in Wamp menu, but nothing hapened.

Ping to my account (xxx.dyndns.org) work fine and return me correct IP, but there is no access to Wamp server.

I also did test port from Dyndns and got result
"An attempted connection to ***-***-***:80 was refused. This typically indicates that there are no services available on that port, but that it is NOT being blocked by a firewall or your ISP."

So, no block but no service also.

Where and what do I have to set Wamp to get out to Web ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to start real Web Server ?
Posted by: SkY (---.156ce.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: July 21, 2006 10:46AM

You have to ensure that your Port 80 isn't blocked (If it's block, you can always use other port). Also, you have to ensure nothing is blocking your incoming and outgoing traffic (I'm referring to Firewall).

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 02:02PM

Did you change name server 1 and 2 yet? I guess not, since you didn't mention about that at all. Besides, your have to configure dns to point your domain to your web ip, too.

If not using router and firewall including windows firewall, just wait about 6-72hrs to see the effective. If using router and firewall, disable windows firewall, enable port 80 in third party firewall such as Norton and McAfee, and enable portforward port 80 to your unit have wamp in your router.

If index.html in www, you should change priority order of DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf or better put index file in your_project_folder and becomes like this:

c:/wamp/www/your_project_folder/index.html

Then type in browser like this:

[localhost]

Hope this help

Post Edited (07-21-06 14:22)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 02:16PM

who is your isp? some isp's such as aol change your ip address everytime you login to you aol account. you need to download DynDNS client in order to make wamp work
[www.dyndns.com]

to see if this is a port issue, you can set apache to use a different port. open your httpd.conf file and find:
Listen 80

change it to
Listen 81

save the file, restart apache for the new setting to take effect, and try to access your server again.

Posted by: Jaguar (194.106.184.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 05:58PM

I think there is no need for name server, I can choose anyname.dyndns.org and there is nothing about name server. Do you think that I have to use registered domain ?

If so, does it mean that name server is actualy that anyname.dyndns.org ?

I forgot to tell that I use DynDNS client from the start.

I try to change to "Listen 81" but after that, local host didn't work, no access, so I go back to
"Listen 80" .

Is there some settings with httpd.conf I should make ?

Post Edited (07-21-06 17:58)

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 06:18PM

Oh! So you use free sub domain (i.e anyname.dyndns.org), and in that case, you don't need to change server name. Remember, domain name is different from server name. I misunderstood before, too.
Did you see wamp welcome page when type in browser [anyname.dyndns.org]? By the way, did you set global access to ON yet? If not, do it through wamp system tray icon.

Posted by: Jaguar (195.252.90.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 10:56PM

I did couple things and now is working !
I contact my ISP and he advice me to do not go behind NAT, rather to use direct IP enter (he have that possibility). But nothing hapened.
So, I double check my router doc. and find: "enable the port forwarding automatically".
After that, Web working.

Then, I change httpd.conf on:-----DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/www" to C:/wamp/www/MyFolder" and now Web access go to that folder.

Here is the good way to check your port 80:
[www.canyouseeme.org]

Thank you all for helping me, it was useful.

Post Edited (07-21-06 22:57)

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 22, 2006 01:18AM

Ok, so kyou're happy now, right? Even from my first post here (third from top), I've already suggested port forward in firewall and router. Anyway, have fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.