How to build up WAMP as real webserver
Posted by: bikram (61.3.130.---)
Date: July 19, 2006 05:08AM

My Problem,
I have bought a domain name - say [www.xyz.com]

Now I have installed WAMP5 in my PC having WINDOWS SERVER 2003, which I want this WAMP5 will work as Webserver for my site www.xyz.com.

I meam when people will type "www.xyz.com" they will see my WAMP Home Page in the www ( c:\wamp\www\index.php file ) directory of my PC.

My PC will be the webserver and should be all time connected to internet.

Can WAMP do this and work as webserver?? If any alternative is there please help??

What the steps needed, urgent help required...

Email - bikramchoudhury@hotmail.com

Bikram

<a href="[seo-consultants.trap17.net">PHP] MySQL freelance programmer</a>
Hire a PHP Programmer for your site.
<a href="[webseos.5gigs.com">SEO] consultants</a>

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to build up WAMP as real webserver
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: July 19, 2006 01:22PM

wamp was designed for local testing and development. it has no security in place and using it as a production server is not recommended.

you can easily setup your domain to use dynamic dns with virtual host so you can use your domain on your server. I do that so when I am programming and designing my newest website I can use the domain name instead of localhost. But, for security reasons, I am the only one who can access it.

also, your website will only be as fast as your outbound internet connection. so, if you have dialup, just having one person using your server would be enough to bring it to a crawl because you only have very limited bandwidth available.

Re: How to build up WAMP as real webserver
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: July 19, 2006 09:50PM

He...he... Been through it and a little suffer when started, but now all my web server, ftp server, mail server and forum run smootly. As CyberSpatium already mentioned, so even though my sites can be accessed worldwide, they're still in testing progress.
[testsite.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[forum.jlbn.com]
Personally, I'd like zoneedit.com for dns service instead dyndns.org because it's easier for beginner like me to configure. Anyway, to run web server, you do need dns and vh as CyberSpatium mentioned as long as you have at least 3mb/512kb you would be ok.
Hope this help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.