upgrading wamp components?
Posted by: komzguy (63.166.99.---)
Date: July 18, 2006 07:13PM

I have recently installed wamp 5 and am learning to use it. I wanted to upgrade to Apache 2.2 and still use wamp. I tried the install for apache but it runs on a separate instance due to the different filenames not associated with wamp. I tried to copy the installed files from the installed apache 2.2 to replace the older apache in wamp but it still was not happy. Is there a way to upgrade the individual component programs in wamp?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: upgrading wamp components?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: July 18, 2006 08:58PM

Is there any reason why you need v2.2?

Date: July 19, 2006 02:35PM

I would like to know if it is possible and if so how to upgrade the components and maintain wamp functionality specifically the wamp console that keeps everything close together. I am just building a new database server and wanted to start with the latest stuff as opposed to upgrading after my data is in place - just looking down the road a little.

Date: July 19, 2006 02:37PM

I am wondering if there is an easy way to upgrade any of the components not just apache. Perhaps I did not clarify in the first post.

Posted by: zorvok (---.dialup.tul2ok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 20, 2006 08:51PM

Apache 2.2 doesn't work with php 5 yet. I wasted half a day trying to get it to work. Your best bet is to keep with Apach 2.0.X till a more stable version of 2.2 comes out.

Date: July 20, 2006 10:39PM

Will do , thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.