Tray Icon - Windows Server 2022
Posted by: jmartins (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: July 13, 2023 04:55PM

I have WAMP Server 3.3.1 installed on Windows Server 2022. When I run the WAMP server the tray icon temporarily appears in the notification area, but then disappears. To check settings, I have to restart the WAMP server as I have no other way to access the menus. Frequently, I will have to restart the WAMP server because the tray icon will disappear before I am able to access setting by clicking on it. This is not a Server 2022 issue. I have experienced this issue on Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 and Windows 11. I have attempted to resolve this issue by checking that the tray notication settings are set to allows display the WAMP server tray icons. I have even gone as far as to set the notification area to display all tray icons, which did not resolve the issue. I have also checked the registry but have not been able to resolve this issue. Please consider troubleshooting this issue as it makes it difficult to manage the WAMP server. If the notification tray icon is not a correctable issue, please consider providing an alternate method to access the menus, e.g. command line, or a separate shortcut in WAMP to launch the settings menu. Many Thanks....many years user.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tray Icon - Windows Server 2022
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 13, 2023 08:22PM

Hi,

I have no answer to this. Morever I am not AT home.
Try vcredist check tool on [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.