TMP folder not being cleared
Posted by: mfriend (199.133.255.---)
Date: March 29, 2023 06:28PM

Sorry, I first posted this in the french forum accidentally....

Hi, I am using the 64 bit version of Wamp (3.3.1) with the latest version of PHP (8.2.4) and Apache 2.4.56.

I have the interface set to automatically clear temp files but it is not clearing them. (eventually it fills up the drive and processes stop).

Is this a bug, or is there a manual way I can change the configs? (Currently I have tried restarting the services, clicking and unclicking the automatic cleaning settings).

Thank you,
Matthew

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TMP folder not being cleared
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2023 07:52PM

Hi,

Right-Click - Restart from zero

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: mfriend (199.133.255.---)
Date: March 29, 2023 09:12PM

Hi Otomatic:

I had tried that but it did not help. I think I've discovered the problem though.
It seems that by default xdebug as an extension is checked. I've never used xdebug. Anyways it appears that the vast majority of the files being created were from it. Once I unchecked it in the wamp-php-extensions, the file stopped being produced so I think the problem is fixed.

Matthew

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2023 09:22PM

Upgrade your XDEBUG, there was a probelm with XDEBUG 3.2.0 that woudl create these files exen though the options to do so were turned off. This is fixed in XDEBUG 3.2.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.