Changed Apache port and now can't get project to open
Posted by: krystalf (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: March 28, 2023 07:19PM

Hi, I changed the port for Apache to 8181 to circumvent the IIS issue. The WAMPServer homepage and phpmyadmin opens fine when using [localhost] but I can't get my project to open now. It worked previously before the port was changed. When I try and go to [localhost][myprojectname] it is removing the port number from the URL and then gives me a 404.

I've searched and searched and cannot find a fix for this issue! Hoping someone here can help me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changed Apache port and now can't get project to open
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2023 12:21AM

If you cahnge the port number that Apache is listening on, then you have to use it in the url all the time!

So

locahost:8180/myproject

If you are not using IIS then it is simpler to uninstall it or at least stop it auto starting, so you can happily use port 80 as always intended

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Changed Apache port and now can't get project to open
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2023 08:54AM

Hi,

> I changed the port for Apache to 8181 to circumvent the IIS issue.

How did you go about changing the port?

And you tackled the consequences and not the cause!
The cause is IIS! So you have to prevent IIS from starting:

See item 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.