PHP xdebug.mode set to off craches Wamp server
Posted by: RenevanV (---.ftth.glasoperator.nl)
Date: February 27, 2023 10:21AM

Hi all,

Hope to get any help on this item.

I work a long time with Wampserver, all works fine, except with the last update I ran into problems.
When I set Xdebug.mode to off (with PHP versions 8.1.16 and 8.2.3), the webserver will timeout on any php webpage. (looks like php is craching)
Weird enough when I enable Xdebug.mode, it will work (with php versions 8.1.16 and 8.2.3), but my servers diskspace wil be eaten by .cgrind files in notime in the c:/wamp/tmp directory.
Whith a downgrade to PHP version 8.0.28 I am able to set Xdebug.mode to off and enjoy a fast wampserver with enough diskspace.
So for now I am stuck to php version 8.0.28 and have no clue what to do.
Please help?
Best regards,
Rene

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP xdebug.mode set to off craches Wamp server
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 27, 2023 10:57AM

Hi,

Disabling xDebug seems to me to be the solution. Otherwise, see the xDebug documentation and ask the question to xDebug.

xDebug documentation
xDebug report issues

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 21, 2023 12:37PM

Hi,

It seems that xdebug 3.2.1 fixes this problem. Update to come in a few days.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 22, 2023 10:22AM

Hi,

- update xDebug 3.2.1

Xdebug 3.2.1 is only intended for PHP version 8.0.x to 8.2.x 64bit only and should not be installed on older versions.

This is a bug fix release that mainly fixes issues with Xdebug's mode setting in threaded environments, where Xdebug would ignore the value and always enabled everything. This release also addresses a crash which occurs when you try to set a standard php.ini setting which has been deprecated.

Update xDebug 3.2.1 64 bit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.