Possible Firewall Conflict
Posted by: webworkshop (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 10, 2006 10:15AM

I've got Apache working now. A messenger service was causing a problem with port 80.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so if please forgive me if I'm posting something that has an obvious answer.

I've been running WAMP5_1.6.1 with no problems, but then had to install an update to my firewall (Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006). Since then Apache will not start. MySQL seems to be ok, but Apache will not fire up.

I uninstalled 1.6.1 and installed 1.6.4a, but Panda did not detect that a new program was needing access to anything, which it normally does. When I try to access localhost through Firefox - or any browser for that matter, it just keeps coming up with the 'loading' message.

I thought it was a firewall probem, so I took it down (after disconnecting from the internet!), but that didn't seem to help matters. However, it does seem quite coincedental that problems started when I updated Panda.

By the way, I'm running on Windows XP Home.

Can anyone suggest anything here......pleeeeeeease??

Thanks,

Andrew

Post Edited (07-10-06 14:06)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible Firewall Conflict
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: July 11, 2006 03:38AM

q.) I thought it was a firewall probem, so I took it down (after disconnecting from the internet!), but that didn't seem to help matters. However, it does seem quite coincedental that problems started when I updated Panda.

a.) you need to be connected to the internet for apache to work. so, try disabling your firewall, but do not disconnect from the internet and see if it works.

you should also try surfing to the Panda support website and learn how to add apache and mysql to your allowed programs

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.