php problem
Posted by: cheddarplayer (213.207.129.---)
Date: July 08, 2006 06:39PM

I want to use EZ publish with wampserver . In order to do that i need other php version than php 4.4.2 . (but not php 5) . So my question is how do i install another php version to run with wamp and still be able to switch between php 5 and php 4 like with the php 4 wamp addon ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php problem
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: July 09, 2006 03:36AM

Ez Publish Website:
# A database, currently supported are: MySQL version 3.23 or later, and PostgreSQL version 7.3 or later.
no problem, WAMP comes with MySQL 5.0.22,

Ez Publish Website:
# Apache 1.3 or 2*, or another web server with PHP support.
no problem, WAMP comes with Apache 2.0.58.

Ez Publish Website:
# Apache modules, at least mod_php.
no problem, dont worry about mod_php since you are usign Apache 2.x

Ez Publish Website:
PHP 4 version 4.3.4 - 4.3.11 for eZ publish versions prior to 3.7. eZ publish versions 3.7 and higher require PHP 4.4.0 and higher. PHP must have the pcre extension enabled. eZ publish does not work with PHP 5.
download the WAMP php4 addon, it has php v4.4.2. This will work fine if you are using the newest version of Ez Publish. install the addon. use the WAMP tray icon and switch to php4 since EzPublish does not support php 5. Make sure you enable the PCRE extension (again, using the wamp tray icon menu).

Ez Publish Website:
# ImageMagick and/or GD compiled in PHP for image conversion (not required) The mbstring extension to PHP is highly recommended for users of other languages than English.
imagemagick is not supported on windows, but gd is. gd is enabled by default, you do not need to worry about enabling it. but you will need to enable the mbstring entension (again, using the wamp tray icon menu).

Ez Publish Website:
From eZ publish 3.5 it is also beneficial to have domxml extension installed (--with-dom), this will speed up performance in some cases.
domxml should already be enabled. it it is not, enable it.

Ez Publish Website:
A PHP accelerator is highly recommended for a performance boost. Accelerators known to work well with eZ publish include Turck mmCache, Zend Accelerator (ZPS) and APC.
no problem, you can downlaod the Zend Accelerator from the wamp addon's page. download it and install it.

Post Edited (07-09-06 03:49)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: July 09, 2006 08:15PM

QUOTE :

Lukasz Serwatka

Official eZ systems member eZ systems crew

Friday 07 July 2006 12:05:02 am
Downgrade your PHP version to 4.4.1 or upgrade to latest version from snaps.php.net. In 4.4.2 is bug which can cause Apache to crash on Windows platform.

This is what i was told in the eZ publish forums ... And it explains why ez publish gets an apache error when i try to install it .

Post Edited (07-09-06 20:15)

Date: July 09, 2006 11:18PM

if there is a bug in php 4.4.2, then there are two things you can do. either wait for the next release of WAMP to be releaced. or you download and older version of wamp from sourceforge.net

Date: July 10, 2006 02:31PM

hey man thanks for the solution proposed but i can't seem to find older version of wamp on sourceforge...I only found version 1.0 ??? Any chance you can write me the link ? Thanks again for helping me out .

Post Edited (07-10-06 16:15)

Date: July 11, 2006 03:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.