Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: wamp icon in system tray: can't right or left click
Posted by: simoncarne (---.220.137.230.bcube.co.uk)
Date: April 29, 2024 01:10PM

Thanks, webmasterinnj .

Where can I find the previous version of the tray menu? I have searched [wampserver.aviatechno.net] and can't see it listed.

I presume "vcredlist" is Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. If so, yes, I am fully up-to-date.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: webmasterinnj (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 29, 2024 02:19PM

here you go
[easyupload.io]
i zipped it up and uploaded it for you,just download and extract it and put it in your main install directory and run it smiling smiley

[www.djswebserver.dynuddns.net]

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 29, 2024 02:21PM

Hi,

In most cases, you cannot go back to an earlier version of Tray Menu Manager.
This is because some Wampserver upgrades go hand in hand with Tray Menu Manager upgrades.

Nevertheless, in the Wampserver installation folder, the replaced older versions of Tray Menu Manager are not deleted but renamed, for example :
wampmanager3.2.6.0.exe
wampmanager3.2.5.6.exe

What you can do is rename wampmanager.exe -> wampmanager3.2.6.1.exe then rename wampmanager3.2.5.6.exe -> wampmanager.exe

But without any guarantee of correct operation.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: simoncarne (---.220.137.230.bcube.co.uk)
Date: April 29, 2024 04:27PM

SUCCESS !!!!

Many thanks.

There was a little more to it, so for the benefit of anyone else with the same problem, this is what I did:

1) I downloaded and extracted wampmanager.exe3.2.6.0 using the link provided by webmasterinnj two posts up from this one and placed it in my main wamp folder.

2) I followed the instruction from Otomatic (one post up from here) to rename wampmanager.exe as wampmanager3.2.6.1.exe then rename wampmanager3.2.6.0.exe as wampmanager.exe.

3) Unfortunately, the tray still wasn't working, but I ran wampmanager.ini.repair (from [wampserver.aviatechno.net]) which got the tray working.

4) THEN I reversed step 2 so that wampmanager3.2.6.1.exe was now my wampmaneger.exe once again and it was all fine.

And, in case anyone is wondering, yes I HAD tried wampmanager.ini.repair previously on wampmanager.exe3.2.6.1 but without any success.

It's all a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm delighted to have got it all back as it should be.

Many thanks for the help and advice. Much appreciated.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 29, 2024 05:38PM

Hi,

I'm very happy that it's working properly now, but I don't understand why and above all I don't see what the problem or defect was that was corrected.

I performed the same operations as you did 3.2.6.0, wampmanager ini repair, 3.2.6.1, etc., saving the wampmanager.ini file each time and then comparing the various wampmanager.ini files with each other.

Apart from the sizes of the different log files, there's no difference at all!

Weird, weird, how strange! *

* Taken from the enigmatic, unforgettable dialogue in Marcel Carné's "Drôle de Drame", adapted and dialogued by Jacques Prévert, 1937.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.