Unresponsive Tray Icon
Posted by: VeloSteve (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 18, 2024 06:02AM

As a newbie here I was surprised that my forum search did not find anything when looking for terms like right click. Dozens of discussions turn up when searching "right click WAMP" on Google, but so far no good answers.

Starting a little backwards, I would be happy with an answer to either of these.
1) How fix the problem I describe below.
2) How to follow instructions for Wampserver in spite of not being able to solve this.

The problem is that the green WampServer icon is not responsive to left or right clicks. It just ignores them. Double click also does nothing. It does say "WAMPSERVER - All services running" in response to hovering.

What I have tried:
run checkvcredist
manually install each missing C++ redistributable
install the packaged set of redistributables
searched Google and read several StackOverlow and other forum posts
watched and followed a YouTube video
uninstalled and reinstalled WAMP 3.3.2 several times
updated to 3.3.4
Moved the WampServer icon from the hidden area by pinning it
This was interspersed with multiple reboots of the machine, manual shutdowns of wampmanager.exe and so on.

I could live with accessing the right and left-click actions some other way, but I am new to this and I don't know what is possible. As it is, for example I can stop Wampserver from the task manager by using "end process tree", but I don't know how to stop it gracefully as suggested in the troubleshooting document.

The 13 questions:
1) Windows 11 Pro, 64 bit
2) 3.3.4, 64 bit (same results with 3.3.2)
3) Apache 2.4.58
4) PHP 8.2.13 [Apache module]
5) MySQL 8.2.0
5a) 11.2.2, but not using it
6) Green
7) hosts active lines:
192.168.32.12 nas4
# Edge
0.0.0.0 pipe.aria.microsoft.com
0.0.0.0 assets.msn.com
0.0.0.0 web.vortex.data.microsoft.com
0.0.0.0 browser.events.data.msn.com
0.0.0.0 www.msn.com
0.0.0.0 sb.scorecardresearch.com
127.0.0.1 ky2022
::1 ky2022

7a) I added 127.0.0.1 localhost but this changed nothing.

8) localhost - Yes, no error message
9) phpMyAdmin - Yes
10) no message
11) Acronis Active Protection, Windows Security
12) C:\wamp64
13) Under "Your VirtualHost" ky2022 appears. The location I specified was C:\wamp64\www\ky2022

Finally a little background, in case it matters.
I have an old Apache/PHP/MySQL website that I want to get going again on a new machine. It's just a simple thing with less than 10 pages, for home use only. Rather than installing the outdated packages (I still have the downloads) I hoped to modernize by using WAMP. I can see the Wampserver page at local host. I can put a 'hello world" type php file in that directory and it works. I was able to rebuild the database structure using phpMyAdmin. I can't seem to access the VirtualHost I defined through the "Add a Virtual Host" link, but that's a separate question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unresponsive Tray Icon
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 18, 2024 09:00AM

To do:
- 1 - exclude the Wampserver installation folder C:\wamp64\ from all your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs

- 2 - update Tray Menu Manager -> traymenumanager3.2.6.1.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2024 11:24AM by Otomatic.

Re: Unresponsive Tray Icon
Posted by: VeloSteve (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 18, 2024 05:11PM

Thank you! I may have already installed the new Tray Menu Manager. I excluded the installation folder from Windows Security, restarted Wampserver, and the menus work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.