4 Questions - From a Newbie...
Posted by: Shooga (---.thecrossingsaustin.com)
Date: June 28, 2006 10:18PM

Hello all.
Still a newbie..but each day I am getting closer and closer.

Just to recap, my goal for installing WAMP is to be able have the Submit buttons on my DW forms work for our local intranet.

I have been searching the forums like mad but I still have a few basic questions.

1.Do all of my php and html files need to live on the PC running WAMP? I ask because this is not a PC that is connected to my backup drives. The old intrAnet was on a Windowns Server with IIs and was backed up.

2. When I type in //myservername (in which the files ARE resting for now under the www folder) I receive the WAMP page. How do I make it to go to the index file?

3. I hope your sitting because here is a REAL basic question.... can I leave all of my files (that are already created as html files) and just make the FORM pages as php? Sort of a mixed environment...

4. Lastly, I have looked over and read notes about configuring the httpd.conf file but for the very simple needs that I require (local intranet, form pages only) could any of you simply speel exactly which changes I need?

I'll stop there. I cannot tell you all how much I have appreciated the help with this.
5 days ago I did not know what WAMP was nor did I understand the PHP concept..... with the info I've read in the last 5 days I am grasping it more and more; and this is with a very short deadline.
Thanks a ton in advance!
~Shooga

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 4 Questions - From a Newbie...
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: June 29, 2006 03:33PM

Mostly answer your questions is Virtual Host (VH) that can be configured in wamp/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf, in which your document roots can be set up as your desire. For example, all files for my web server, all data for my ftp server's accounts, all data for my mail server's accounts, and all data for my forum is resided in my network drives; of course, they are configured through VH.
Specific answer for question 3 is left for professional like Cyberspatium to help you out cause I'm just a newbie like you, maybes just a little better.
For the form with button, you can check my simple code here:
[testsite.jlbn.com]
Hope this help

Post Edited (06-29-06 15:55)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: 4 Questions - From a Newbie...
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 30, 2006 01:46AM

Q.) I(I hope your sitting because here is a REAL basic question.... can I leave all of my files (that are already created as html files) and just make the FORM pages as php? Sort of a mixed environment..
A.) If you have any files with php code in them, they have to have a .php entension. You can mix php and html code in those files.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.