Unable to Run PHP in VSCode with WAMP Server
Posted by: caydee (---.customer.vsm.sh)
Date: November 11, 2023 06:43PM

Hello Otomatic,
Something must be jinxed!
PHP will not run in VSCode. I even gutted out my previous VSCode installation and all its extensions, Reinstalled it. But still won't work.
Can you please check what this exasperating problem is?
Regards,

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to Run PHP in VSCode with WAMP Server
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 12, 2023 05:53PM

Hi,

No, I wouldn't look at why VScode doesn't work.

I don't use VSCode and I have absolutely no need to use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 13, 2023 03:00PM

Hi Otomatic,

Perhaps I did not word my question correctly, It is not VSCode or any other editor for that matter. It is WAMPSERVER that is not showing the PHP configuration. We also know already that WAMPSERVER has a problem showing the Path in the System Environment Variable. It warns that WAMP may not work properly.

It is some kind of an error perhaps in the .ini file. I have just installed the repair .ini file tool. Maybe that does the trick.

I'll let you know of any success.

Regards,

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Date: November 13, 2023 04:26PM

Voila!
Pas de problème, mon ami : ça marche à nouveau !

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN

Date: November 13, 2023 06:34PM

Hi,

> It is WAMPSERVER that is not showing the PHP configuration.
This requires some clarification on your part!
Was it Left-Click -> PHP -> PHP settings that didn't display anything?

> We also know already that WAMPSERVER has a problem showing the Path in the System Environment Variable.
> It warns that WAMP may not work properly.
It's just a warning that no longer serves any purpose and that I forgot to remove in the 3.3.1 update.
This warning no longer exists with 3.3.2.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 13, 2023 08:55PM

In the left Menu it was showing all the php versions it has. But VSCode was throwing up a tantrum that it was unable to find the installation which was in the Environment PATH. C:/wamp64/bin/php/php8.1.13/php.exe. I also specified the path as above in VSCode in the Settings. Still no go!

That batch file (repair) which you had kept at Aviato fixed the paths and whatever hiccups it had! I have no more reference to the installation in the Environment, only in the Settings in VSCode. But it has to be written bit of a wonky way:

"phpserver.phpPath": "C:\\wamp64\\bin\\php\\php8.2.0\\php.exe",

WAMP 3.3.2 was going to be my next call if it didnt get fixed. I had read your notes on that.

Have a nice evening,

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN

Date: November 14, 2023 10:04AM

Hi,

Any environment variables for VScode are the responsibility of VScode, not Wampserver.

Questions of this kind should be addressed to VScode.

It's impossible for any server to support hundreds of CMS and thousands of web applications without modification. It is the responsibility of the CMS or web application to provide a detailed installation procedure.

> Environment PATH. C:/wamp64/bin/php/php8.1.13/php.exe.
It's a PATH, not a file path, and it's Windows, so :

C:\wamp64\bin\php8.1.13\

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.