Installing Imagick module
Posted by: mvdgeijn (---.cable.dynamic.v4.ziggo.nl)
Date: September 12, 2023 07:55AM

Hi,

I've been trying for hours to add/install the Imagick module to PHP in Wampserver v3.3.1, PHP v8.1.23, but no luck. PHP keeps reporting that the Imagick class can't be found. I do see the module in the list of installed extensions and also when I run the php -i from the command line.

But no such luck when requesting the phpinfo through a phpinfo.php file. I did check the loaded php.ini file ( C:\wamp64\bin\apache\apache2.4.51\bin\php.ini) mentioned in the phpinfo, and the extention=imagick is in that file.

All the DLL's from imagick are copied to the bin directory of the PHP v8.1.23 install.

Anybody hints how I can solve this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Imagick module
Posted by: mvdgeijn (---.cable.dynamic.v4.ziggo.nl)
Date: September 12, 2023 08:22AM

Ok. I think I've solved my own problem. I removed the Imagick dll's from the PHP bin directory and moved them all to a separate directory. I added that directory to the PATH system variable.

The only thing I can think of is that Apache is starting PHP from a different directory and that the DLL's in the PHP bin directory can't be found.

That's it. Case closed.

Re: Installing Imagick module
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2023 08:40AM

Hi,

All we had to do, as always in similar cases, was apply the old adage:
RTFM
in other words, read the imagick installation procedure!

And, in principle, you should read the procedures before doing anything, but... who cares about principles these days, except old fuddy-duddies like me!

Imagick - Installation

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.