mysql dumb @ WAMP
Posted by: Xajel (82.194.62.---)
Date: June 26, 2006 07:06AM

I have a 700+ MB mysql db I want to restore in wamp, I tried the normal mysql dump method I used to use in net hosting ( Shell Access ), but ofcourse I used the command line here ( as I'm working in Windows )...

but I think I missed something as it did not work and even didn't show any error msg !!

I used the same commands I use in Shell Accecss but ofcourse taking the Windows path changes...

How can I restore large db's in Windows ??

can WAMP have a menu command just to restore/create mysql backups ??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql dumb @ WAMP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 26, 2006 08:02AM

windows does not have a shell or ssh or telnet.

The easiest way to import your database is to use the freeware MySQL Administrator program. You can download the WAMP MySQL Administration Toolkit ADD-ON here:
http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php

Once you have installed the program, make sure your WAMP MySQL server is running, and start the MySQL Administrator program. It is located in the mysql_administrator folder in your WAMP directory. After you start the admin program it will ask for Server Host, Username and Password. The Server Host is localhost, the UserName is root, and if you have not edited your root MySQL user privileges and added a password for the root user, enter your password in the password box, otherwise the password box empty because WAMP comes with the default root user set with no password.

When you get to the mail admin screen, click on Restore. Now click on the Restore Content tab, and click on the button in the bottom of the admin screen called Open Backup File. put your db's backup file here, and then click on the Stat Restore button. Your db will now be imported into your WAMP MySQL server.

Post Edited (06-26-06 08:12)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: June 26, 2006 05:28PM

Thanks CyperSpatium for your reply

I installed the MySQL Admin. software and succefully get connected to the database...

but... I hate this word

nothing when trying to restore the db ( I hope the db is fine ), the progress wont go and stay stopped at 0 byte...
when I tried to analyze the db it says ( The analyzation failed )

Date: June 30, 2006 05:09PM

I found that the db I want to restore had some problems while downloading so the db has been damaged...

I tried the command line with a 190MB db and works fine just it takes too much time to complete the restore ( several hours !! )

so I decided to go with the MySQL Admin add-on, and tried the same db... it's take the same !!

I don't know where's the point of taking too much time as restoring the 700MB in my host with shell access takes less than 1 min !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.