How to use different version of AETray Menu.
Posted by: ptalindstrom (170.52.82.---)
Date: May 19, 2023 03:50PM

I recently upgraded to WAMP 3.3.0 and since then AETray (3.2.4.0) crashes every day. I'd like to try using either the recently released 3.2.5 version or an older version. I downloaded the latest version and installed it; but WAMP still uses the old version. How do i get WAMP to use the latest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to use different version of AETray Menu.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2023 04:45PM

Hi,

> crashes every day.
It doesn't mean anything!
What are the exact and complete error messages?

You can't use another version of Aestan Tray menu than the one installed with Wampserver itself or updates. The two are intimately linked.

You can't install an old version of Wampserver without first uninstalling the current version.

If it crashes, you have a problem on your system and/or the VC++ redistributables are not up to date.

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

There is a simple method to install everything in one go:

See https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/ at the bottom of the page: Best way to install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

Note : With Wampserver 3.3.0 it is Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.4.9 that is installed, not 3.2.4.0.
The latest Aestan Tray menu Umpdate is 3.2.5.0 : [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 20, 2023 08:14AM

thank you for the reply.

in aetray menu service it states file version: 3.2.4.9 and product version 3.2.4.0, so wasnt sure which to quote.

by crash i mean it shows in the tray still; but it no longer opens. right or left click does nothing. wampserver is still running fine. there are no errors.

running the vc check shows i do not have vc++ files installed. i guess these are different than the previous version of wamp that i had installed. i'm installing now and we'll see how that goes.

thanks for your help.

Date: May 22, 2023 05:21AM

yes, that fixed it. running the executable which installs all the vc++ files prevented the aetray from crashing every day.

Date: May 24, 2023 03:44PM

Spoke too soon. Still crashes; but took a few days this time.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 25, 2023 09:11AM

Ok, so now its time to report more specifically whats happening.

These crashed:
- are they when you are doing something with Aestan Tray menu ?
- If not what are you doing?

Please show a crash dump, at least from the System Log
How to launch the Event Viewer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 31, 2023 03:43PM

Sorry, didnt see your reply. I guess the "Follow topic" doesn't work on this forum. sad smiley

As far as i can tell i am not using my PC when Aetray crashes. It seems to crash over night while I am not at the PC. I have searched Applications and System in the Event View and nothing with "aetray". I cleared the logs and will check tomorrow morning when it has crashed again.

Date: June 01, 2023 06:48PM

Crashed a couple times in past 24 hours. Nothing I can tell of interest in event log.

If i can't get back to the previous release AND use PHP8; i guess i'll put up with just restarting the tray every morning. Hopefully fixed in next release.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2023 04:52PM

Are you sure that your PC is not rebooting itself at some time overnight?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 12, 2023 06:27PM

It is not.

Its fine, hopefully this will just get fixed in next release. It's not impossible to work with... just need to kill and start again every now and then.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2023 09:13AM

Hi,

> searched Applications and System in the Event View and nothing with "aetray".
Don't look for "aetray", look for "AetrayMenu" or "wampmanager".

>hopefully this will just get fixed in next release.
How do you expect us to correct a "defect" that we can't point out?

For all intents and purposes, exclude the Wampserver installation folder (C:\wamp64\) from your anti-virus software and, if available, from any other anti-things software.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.