mysql dump
Posted by: joe (---.net.my)
Date: June 21, 2006 06:07AM

hi...

i m using wamp 5.1.3... and i faced out some problem,

when i try to dump my database using mysqldump.exe in the bin folder.

it show me access denied to access the localhost....

how can i solve it.....

BUT in my another machine..i have installed the wamp 5.1.4 it not shown me this kind of error...

pls help...

regards
joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql dump
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 24, 2006 04:41PM

you can not acess mysqldump by just clicking on it, you us the command line. But the easiest way to dump a databse is to use the export/dump feature in phpmyadmin, it is the exact same thing

Re: mysql dump
Posted by: joe (---.net.my)
Date: June 26, 2006 07:46AM

hi...

i do use the command line...i wrote the simple code using batch files....

i have to use the command line instead of using the feature in phpmyadmin, due to some reason...(not allow my customer to use phpmyadmin)

Do you have any suggestion on how am i going the set my wamp version 5.1.3 so that i m allow to use the command line -> mysqldump abc tbl_ss > tbl_ss.sql

I cant use the version 5.1.4.4 of the wamp due to the mysql version were newest then my hosting server's mysql version.

what are the different between the version of wamp 5.1.3 and version 5.1.4.4, i mean the setting for the mysql, it is because when i m installed wamp 5.1.3, and use the command line to dump data, it shown me access denied '@localhost', BUT for the version of the 5.1.4.4, it do not shown any of the access denied error...it dump all the entire data from the database that i selected.

may i know...how to set the mysql so that it will not show me the access denied @localhost...like the version of wamp 5.1.4.4.

thanks
regards
joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.