Wampserver crashes
Posted by: ptalindstrom (170.52.82.---)
Date: April 20, 2023 03:25PM

I recently upgraded to WAMP 3.3.0 (from 3.2.9) in order to get PHP 8 (it said i had to update although unfortunate as everything was working great and the update had me loose all my dbs). Now that i have updated, the tray crashes at least once/day. By this i mean the icon no longer opens anything with click or right click. I need to go to task manager and kill and then rerun it.

I found an update to AeTray, 3.2.5 but this does not fix the issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2023 08:59AM by Otomatic.

Re: Wampserver crashes
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2023 09:05AM

Thank you for not interfering in a thread that is totally irrelevant to your problem.

> the update had me loose all my dbs
NO ! Wampserver updates do not affect existing databases in any way.
Neither the MySQL/MariaDB versions, nor the databases are modified by the Wampserver updates.

READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Wampserver crashes
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2023 11:05AM

Hi,

As part of whatever you did in the upgrade, did you get a new version of MySQL installed? Then did you activate that new version of MySQL?

If the answer to these 2 questions is YES, then switch back the the version of MySQL that you were previously using and see if your databases magically re-appear!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2023 11:58AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.