Hosting a Website on Multiple Servers
Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: March 13, 2023 11:49AM

Hello everyone!

A little background, I've been hosting a website on a server here where I live for over a year now using WAMP and things have been sailing along smoothly. Best as I can tell a couple of bad actors have attempted to hack my website but they gave up and went away. If you want an account, jump on [redrubberball.hopto.org] and follow the bouncing ball. Don't forget to save the website as a favorite so that you can return conveniently. The website is dark, I use a free DNS to route traffic so getting an .apk file listed on play store and whatever the apple repository is called is pretty much out of the question. Thus far the cost of privately hosting this website less the cost of hardware has been $0.00. (I had the servers prior)

What I want to do is set up a second server to host the website and use a third server as a load balancer between the two production servers. Does anybody know how to do this, hosting a single website across multiple servers?

Thank you in advance and very best regards...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hosting a Website on Multiple Servers
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 13, 2023 12:23PM

Hi,

Sorry but this is WAY OUT OF SCOPE for this site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: webmasterinnj (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2023 01:57PM

[serverfault.com]
you might want to look at this smiling smiley

[djswebserver.ddnsgeek.com]

Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: March 21, 2023 11:53AM

Yes, I understand the question being out of range and all. I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Think of me as a man drowning and grabbing at the first straw, any straw that comes along.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 21, 2023 12:20PM

Hi,

If the servers are running under Apache, maybe : module proxy_balancer could do the trick.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.