(CGRIND) extension files
Posted by: Hermansit (---.static.comm.cgocable.net)
Date: March 10, 2023 03:58PM

Wampserver - 3.3.0 64bit

c:\wam64\tmp - drive space filling up with *.grind (CGRIND) extension files - approx 60MB of date per minute

file name starts trace.**.cgrind

I am unable to idendify what it might be or even how to prevent temp files within Wampserver to stop

any asistance is appreciated

thank you
CS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (CGRIND) extension files
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2023 09:50AM

Actually I also have a few of these in the `wamp64\tmp` folder.

They are created by XDEBUG, but they are only supposed to be created if the `profile` option is added to the
xdebug.mode =develop, debug

If you want to profile then you woudl add it to the list
xdebug.mode =develop, debug, profile

I am not quite sure yet why they are being generated as I do not have the `profile` option set but I am sure when Oto reads this, the penny will drop and he will remember something that will help you.

The good news If you dont want them you can quite happily delete then, but better do that when the server is stopped smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2023 12:26PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2023 10:36AM

Hi,

I discover this problem of generation of *.cgrind files which I had not paid attention before!

If:
xdebug.mode = off
there is no creation of *.cgrind
but if
xdebug.mode = develop
which is the default value, it has creation of these files whereas the Xdebug documentation for the profile mode specifies that these files are generated only if
xdebug.mode = profile
See Xdebug profiler documentation

I will report the problem on the Xdebug site.

By switching xdebug.mode to off there is no more creation of these files.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 11, 2023 04:34PM

Hi,

I found a similar problem in the Xdebug bug list:
2144 : Xdebug 3.2.0 ignores xdebug.mode and enables all features

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 22, 2023 10:22AM

Hi,

- update xDebug 3.2.1

Xdebug 3.2.1 is only intended for PHP version 8.0.x to 8.2.x 64bit only and should not be installed on older versions.

This is a bug fix release that mainly fixes issues with Xdebug's mode setting in threaded environments, where Xdebug would ignore the value and always enabled everything. This release also addresses a crash which occurs when you try to set a standard php.ini setting which has been deprecated.

Update xDebug 3.2.1 64 bit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.