Changing MySQL version issue
Posted by: apple.r (---.4.248-154.dynamic.3bb.in.th)
Date: March 02, 2023 08:57PM

Hello,

Today I clean the database and VirtualHost. I started by deleting some project folders in "www" folder then I deleted the VirtualHosts that match the project folders I deleted. Then I started to delete the DB (MySQL). I deleted them while wamp is using "MySQL 5.7.39".

After that, I restart wamp. After restarting wamp, I can switch PHP versions without any issues. I can switch MySQL versions without any issues EXCEPT I can not switch to "MySQL 5.7.39". The Wamp menu shows the green tick at MySQL 5.7.39 always even though I switch to another MySQL version. This green tick shows at MySQL 5.7.39 after I restart wamp and never changed to other MySQL versions even I switch the MySQL version. The green tick stucks at MySQL 5.7.39.

When I click on the MySQL console. The path at the CMD windows shows "e:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.39\bin\mysql.exe". However, in the CMD windows, It shows "Server version: 5.7.28 MySQL" which is the MYSQL version I currently choose from the wamp menu.

Is it any way I can activate MySQL 5.7.39 again?

Thank you,
Apple

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing MySQL version issue
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2023 09:12PM

Hi,

How dis you delete databases ?

Try Right-Click Restart from zéro

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: apple.r (---.4.248-154.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: March 02, 2023 11:22PM

Hi,

I delete the DB via PHPMyAdmin and MySQL workbench.

Issue is fixed:
I just fix the issue a few minutes ago. What I did I just update the wampserver from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1. Now the issue is gone. I can switch to MySQL5.7.39 and the green tick is changed to the active MySQL I choose from.

Thanks for reply
Apple

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2023 12:55PM

Hi,

See Right-Click -> Help -> Help Refresh - Restart from zero

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: apple.r (---.4.223-208.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: March 03, 2023 02:52PM

Thank you for your reply. I see next time, if I have the issue again, I should try "Restart from zero". Thanks a lot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2023 02:59PM by apple.r.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.