table order
Posted by: DiQuintino (---.55.231.134.tremnet.com.br)
Date: February 12, 2023 06:43PM

Hello,

Is there any way to change how wampserver > phpMyAdmin see relationships?

I create a MySQL DB like:

Table ----------- Fields
users ----------- id name email
address----------id name user_id

set the user_id as index and link with table users.

So far so good.

But when i go to the address table and check the users_id value there (like "3" ). Its showing the email instead of a name. I did the change name of the table name, by aname, them wampserver recognize the value 3 as the name value, not a email...

So, i can conclude that wampserver (tried using XAMPP and works correctly) is using the fields as alphabetical, and not as column made order.

theres a way to change that? I want to the relashinships return the first column after id, not a first column in alphabetical order.

ty in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: table order
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2023 08:37AM

Hi,

> But when i go to the address table and check the users_id value there (like "3" ).

How exactly do you do it? With what manipulations and queries?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: table order
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2023 10:35AM

Very relevant information for you!

In a relational database there is no implied ORDER to any table. If you want rows returmed in a specific order then you have to use an ORDER BY clause in the query.

You may get things returned in what looks like an order without an ORDER BY clause but is is pure luck, not something you can rely upon. This goes for WAMPServer (MySQL and mariaDcool smiley and XAMPP (mariabDcool smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.