System tray app crashes after upgrade to 3.3
Posted by: ptalindstrom (170.52.82.---)
Date: February 12, 2023 05:37PM

I have used Wampserver for years and have been using 3.2 for last year or so. Recently had to upgrade to 3.3. to get php8 as an option. Besides losing all my dbs in the process i see that my system tray app crashes.. eventually.

It works when i first start it and i am used to leaving it running for weeks at a time. It seems to crash after a couple days. When i say crash i mean i can still see it in the system tray but clicking or right clicking does nothing. I need to go to task manager and kill it and then re-open.

Not a big deal; just thought worth mentioning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: System tray app crashes after upgrade to 3.3
Posted by: dantelock (---.static.brisanet.net.br)
Date: February 12, 2023 05:53PM

I needed roll back to v3.2.6 for while, I was not able to click on ae icon tray

Re: System tray app crashes after upgrade to 3.3
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2023 05:58PM

Hi,

Have you met the prerequisites?

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

> Besides losing all my dbs in the process
Update for Wampserver updates only "Wampmanager", does not add any Apache PHP, MySQL or MariaDB versions. There will be no changes to your Apache, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB settings and versions used; your local sites and databases will not be affected.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.