Restore MySQL Database after WAMP 3 instalation
Posted by: JanOcci (---.apsobol.com)
Date: February 12, 2023 05:42AM

Hello.

Can someone help me with restoring database?

I had instaled some older WAMP on my Windows 10. I just install into different folder newer WAMP 3.2.6 for PHP8.

I thought I had database backup, but I can't find it and now I can't see any older database except default new one in PHPMyAdmin.

Is there any way, how to correctly restore old databases from older WAMP?

Later I found in older WAMP folder (mariadb10.4.10/data/) all databases with tables in frm/ibd format.

Thank you!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2023 06:32AM by JanOcci.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restore MySQL Database after WAMP 3 instalation
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2023 09:55AM

Hi,

> I thought I had database backup, but I can't find
It is a file with .sql extension.

You have to launch the old version of Wampserver to export your database in SQL file.

But, to launch the old version and avoid conflicts, you must first remove the services via a command window :
sc delete wampapache
sc delete wampmysqld
sc delete wampmariadb
sc delete wampapache64
sc delete wampmysqld64
sc delete wampmariadb64
Once the old version is launched, you need to create services through the Left-Click menu of wampmanager:
Left-click -> Apache -> Service management -> Install service
Same thing for MySQL and MariaDB
Left-click -> Start services

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: JanOcci (---.apsobol.com)
Date: February 13, 2023 04:44AM

Hello Mr. Otomatic.

I try as you write, but the part with SC delete commands doesn't work well.

It show me message bellow, so I try find another way.

" [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. "

I try to run uninstall_services.bat as administrator from WAMP folder and all services was succesfully uninstalled.

Than as you write I start older WAMP and install all 3 services ( MySQL, MariaDB, Apache ) .

It was left click on WAMP Tray icon -> Service name -> Service administration 'wamp.....' -> Install service . For each single service. Than Restart All Services.

In my case after correcting path to PhpMyAdmin in Allias folder, all old database tables appears, so I export em and finaly give em proper names to find it easily 😅 .

I did the reverse process to get back to WAMP 3.2.6 and it works well for me.

Just one thing, when I uninstall all services from WAMP 3.2.6, in the TRAY menu -> Service name -> Service administration there were all 5 actions available. I mean they weren't disabled (grey), but they should be.

Thank you very much! You are awesome! You save me a lot of time! 🤩

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2023 05:20AM by JanOcci.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2023 08:34AM

Hi,

> " [SC] OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. "
We don't care!
As I didn't know if you had a 32bit or a 64bit Wampserver, ,I made you uninstall all 32 and 64bit services.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.