php7.4 or above wont run
Posted by: ChrisUCLA (---.lightspeed.gnbonc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 27, 2023 11:56PM

Hi, I downloaded and installed the wampsever update to latest 3.3.1. Runs great. So I installed php 7.4 and 8, however, when I switch the setting in php>version to 7.4 or 8 I no longer get green, it stays yellow. I updated myphpadmin to 5.2 but that gets me a yellow status as well.

I can go back to php 7.0, and it works, however, wordpress is hounding me to update and my site keeps going offline for 10 mins at a time multiple times a day.

I know, its an old machine running windows 7, but it worked well enough until recently with the site going up and down.

Is there something I am missing to get wampserver to run on 7.4 or higher?

Thank you,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php7.4 or above wont run
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2023 09:49AM

Hi,

I just tested on a Windows 7 that I still have and PHP 7.4.33, 8.2.1 and PhpMyAdmin 5.2.0 still work without any problem.

Maybe you are not up to date with the VC++ redistributables and mainly VS17 !

- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

I would like to point out that Windows 7 is no longer supported since more than three years (January 14, 2020) and that if Wampserver addons and updates are allowed to be installed, it is without any guarantee of functioning.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.