Migrating from Bitnami to WampServer
Posted by: david64 (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2023 01:06PM

I am currently running Binami WAMP as my local development environment. Bitnami has terminated WAMP development, so I would like to move to WampServer, the best current WAMP, also upgrading PHP from 7.4 to the latest PHP 8.

My question: is there a way to install WampServer without destroying Bitnami WAMP, so that if I find a serious problem I can return to Bitnami WAMP? I'm assuming I don't have to make any changes to any of the configuration files for this migration, other than for changes in WAMP pathnames.

My plan is to turn off the Bitnami Apache and MySQL services before installing WampServer, but is that sufficient to avoid an irreversible move? The Bitnami service names are wampstackApache and wampstackMySQL.

David Spector/Springtime Software

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2023 01:09PM by david64.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Migrating from Bitnami to WampServer
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 15, 2023 01:50PM

Hi,

Wampserver, it is three services : wampapache64, wampmysqld64 and wampmariadb64 ( or wampapache, wampmydsqld and wampmariadb for the 32bit version).
These services can be started, stopped, deleted, recreated by Wampserver via the internal menus of Wampmanager (Aestan Tray Menu).
The installation of Wampserver does not interfere with another server unless the services use the same ports and are not stopped before.

See : WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.