how to change chmod
Posted by: bluehyppo23 (60.52.4.---)
Date: June 15, 2006 07:18AM

hiii i want to know how to change the folder mode to chmod 0777 . using wamp 5 server ok thx

Re: how to change chmod
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 15, 2006 10:33PM

CHMOD is only supported on unix/linux OS's not windows. if you are installing a script, and you just an instruction to CHMOD a file, just ignore that part.

Posted by: bluehyppo23 (60.52.11.---)
Date: June 16, 2006 09:12AM

yeah. but my folder is read-only when i changed it it will remain back to read-only any help ????

Posted by: tomfmason (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: June 20, 2006 11:16PM

I don't realy understand your question. Do you mean that you want to file to be read only or you don't want it to be?

If you do want it to be read only then it is realy pretty simple. I am not sure if this is the proper way to do it but it works just fine. Go to my computer then click on your local drive(ie C:// or what ever you have) then wamp then www dir . Find the file that you want to be read only then right click on that file and then click properties. Now at the bottom you will see Attributes. Simple click on read only. Cyber may know the proper way of doing this but the way I do it works just fine.

You can also use .htaccess but you will have to ask someone else about that.

Hope that helped. If not, try to post your question a little more clearly

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 23, 2006 04:28PM

Easiest way is to use any ftp client to cmod whatever you want
Hope this help

Date: June 24, 2006 08:17AM

WAMP does not have an FTP server, so that would not work. Also, as I said before, CHMOD is not supported on Windows OS's, only Linux/Unix systems.

Posted by: JarrahBark (---.169.29.203.satellite.bigpond.com)
Date: June 28, 2006 06:12AM

I understand this point. All *.php files on my remote unix server must have permissions changed from default 644 to 755 by order my of ISP for security reasons. (They don't work otherwise)

Yes this can be done by using, say CuteFTP and logging into the remote server.

But can the change be made at c:/wamp/www prior to uploading?

My OS is Win XP

Regards

Mac

Date: June 28, 2006 09:15AM

windows does not support chmod, so even if WAMP had an FTP server, you still can use chmod on windows

Posted by: hurricane (---.69-21.unk.tds.net)
Date: June 28, 2006 09:59AM

Actually a Windows system has less security since it can not CHMOD, u are kinda stuck at 7777 or somethin.

Date: June 28, 2006 11:38AM

on windows you can use attrib to change a file to read-only and/or hidden. Use windows explorer or the dos prompt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.