Problem with new update
Posted by: panos78 (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: December 09, 2022 09:39PM

Hallo.
Today I installed the latest update of Wamp Server 3.3.0.
I have Hellenic as my default language.
After the update, the version seemed that it was not installed properly and I had similar problems to the ones I read in another topic.
I decided to change the language to English and everything looks like it is back on track.
After enabling all the new addons, I tried to put the language setting back to Hellenic but it was simply impossible.
The whole system crashes and I cannot use the mouse anywhere on my PC.
After restarting the PC, the language setting had remained in English and WAMP works properly, but I cannot change the language.
Any ideas about how to solve it?

Dr.nat.techn. Forester-Environmentalist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with new update
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 10, 2022 08:39AM

Hi,

- Do you use ""Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" ?

- Is there any error in php_error.log ?

- Are the files:
--- wamp(64)\lang\hellenic.lang
--- wamp(64)\lang\modules\settings_hellenic.php
seem to be correctly coded and use the right character set ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.3.0 32 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40 - MariaDB 10.5.13/10.6.5
Wampserver 3.3.0 64 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40/8.0.31 - MariaDB 10.5.17/10.10.2
PhPMyadmin 5.2.0 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with new update
Posted by: panos78 (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: December 11, 2022 10:03AM

Hallo
1. No, I don't use "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"
2. In php_error.log I have these messages:

[09-Dec-2022 20:23:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: mb_convert_encoding(): Argument #2 ($to_encoding) must be a valid encoding, "Windows-1253" given in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php:158
Stack trace:
#0 D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php(158): mb_convert_encoding('\xCE\xA0\xCE\xB1\xCF\x81\xCE\xB1\xCF\x83\xCE\xBA\xCE\xB5\xCF...', 'Windows-1253', 'utf-8')
#1 {main}
thrown in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 158
[09-Dec-2022 20:29:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: mb_convert_encoding(): Argument #2 ($to_encoding) must be a valid encoding, "Windows-1253" given in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php:158
Stack trace:
#0 D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php(158): mb_convert_encoding('\xCE\xA0\xCE\xB1\xCF\x81\xCE\xB1\xCF\x83\xCE\xBA\xCE\xB5\xCF...', 'Windows-1253', 'utf-8')
#1 {main}
thrown in D:\wamp64\scripts\refresh.php on line 158

3. Both The Lang files seem to be in Greek ISO standard (ISO-8859-7) and not the Windows standard (Windows 1253)

Dr.nat.techn. Forester-Environmentalist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with new update
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2022 10:51AM

Hi,

Install last languages files <- this is a link

that have
$file_charset = 'iso-8859-7';
in place of Windows-1253.

I will modify the code for the 3.3.1 update to test that the encoding is valid before running mb_convert_encoding.

Sorry for this problem!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.3.0 32 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40 - MariaDB 10.5.13/10.6.5
Wampserver 3.3.0 64 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40/8.0.31 - MariaDB 10.5.17/10.10.2
PhPMyadmin 5.2.0 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with new update
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2022 06:22PM

Hi,

Here, I just came across a big problem that has not been solved for more than five hours of testing:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function  mb_list_encodings()
while mb_convert_encoding(....) works perfectly which shows that the mbstring extension is well loaded.

Moreover, get_defined_functions() by this answer: "[1486] => mb_list_encodings" shows that the function is well defined, even with get_defined_functions(true) so not disabled.

It may be necessary to add something in php.ini, but the documentation doesn't say anything about it.
So I filed a bug report in PHP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wampserver 3.3.0 32 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40 - MariaDB 10.5.13/10.6.5
Wampserver 3.3.0 64 bit - Apache 2.4.54.2 - PHP 8.2.0…7.4.33 - MySQL 5.7.40/8.0.31 - MariaDB 10.5.17/10.10.2
PhPMyadmin 5.2.0 - MysqlDumper 1.24.5
on W10 Pro 64 bit
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons
« Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort, qu'ils ont forcément raison. Coluche »
« It's not because they are many to be wrong, they are necessarily right. Coluche »

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with new update
Posted by: panos78 (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: December 11, 2022 08:31PM

The last language files solved the problem when change to Hellenic.
Thanks.

Dr.nat.techn. Forester-Environmentalist

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.