Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: bungled upgrade, addons not working
Posted by: coline907 (137.229.79.---)
Date: November 24, 2022 01:57AM

My mistake, I typed the path rather than copy for some reason.
It is indeed c:\wamp\wampmanager.exe

I guess I'll try to run an update for Aestan tray? I think my wampmanager is running OK but I can't interface with it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2022 08:15PM

Hi,

You may run Aestan Tray Menu update both for 32 and 64 bit

After that, I don't know what to do, sorry !

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: coline907 (137.229.79.---)
Date: December 08, 2022 10:34PM

Sadly, updating the aestran tray did not work. I updated separately both 32 and 64bit, first quitting the wampserver and apache etc. I installed some of the old VC packages so now the checker tool says I'm good for all php versions.

Can you point me towards a forum resource or give me advice on how to safely unistall wamp entirely (hopefully getting rid of whatever issue lurks within). I'm concerned about my SQL database, I'm not sure I know the password etc. I am not as concerned with the /www folder which I can just copy.

Thank you!

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2022 10:10AM

Hi,

It is quite normal that the Aestan Tray Menu update is done in two times:
- Once for Wampserver 32bit
- Once for Wampserver 64bit
And it's normal that Wampserver is stopped before proceeding to the updates since it's impossible to update Aestan Tray Menu if it is running.

The uninstallations of Wampserver32 and Wampserver64 are independent and have no interaction between them.
The uninstallation removes totally the wamp or wamp64 folder and so removes the databases if they are in the data folders of the MySQL or MariaDB versions used.

If there was no SQL export of the databases before the uninstallation, they will be lost.

Without any guarantee of functioning, it is possible to safeguard the data folder of the MySQL version used then after reinstallation of Wampserver, to install exactly the same version of MySQL as that of the safeguarded data folder then to make point datadir of my.ini towards the safeguarded folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.