PHP PDO drivers
Posted by: thudson (---.range5-80.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 25, 2022 08:49PM

I have been trying to use PDO on Wamp but it keeps saying that the drivers are missing.
I have checked the PHP.ini file and the Extension pdo_msql is loaded, why does it say the drivers are missing?

Rocky48

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP PDO drivers
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2022 08:48AM

The pdo_msql extension does not exist in the various versions of PHP provided with Wampserver and does not exist in the PHP documentation.
See the PHP documentation about PDO extensions:
PDO Drivers

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: thudson (---.range5-80.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 26, 2022 06:29PM

I am using 7.4.26 and I have looked at the php.ini file extensions. I can only find this extension: extension=pdo_mysql
This is not the correct one!
How do I install the correct driver file?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2022 09:02AM

PHP 7.4.26 includes the extensions :
pdo_firebird
pdo_mysql
pdo_oci
pdo_odbc
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite

To see it and enable or disable them, just Left-Click -> PHP -> Extensions.

You say that this is not the correct driver, but we should know what you mean by "correct driver file". We are not psychic and we don't have a magic wand.

Some pdo extensions require, in addition to their activation in PHP, to install additional libraries, that's why I had put a link on the PHP documentation on this subject, link that I put back here:
PDO Drivers <- This is a link

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.