Upgrade to 3.2.7 creates unwanted Aestan bar in right menu
Posted by: u01jmg3 (---.170.143.150.dyn.plus.net)
Date: December 24, 2021 07:46AM

Hello,

Since upgrading from 3.2.0 to 3.2.6 and then 3.2.7, I have an unwanted "Aestan Right Bar" in the my right-click menu. See: [imgur.com]. Note it doesn't appear in the left-click menu.

In previous WAMP installations I customised this menu to make it more minimal. `BarVisible=no` used to do the trick but now it doesn't have any affect. Is the text "Aestan Right Bar" now baked into the latest release of Aestan Tray Menu so it can't be changed? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

Appreciate your time

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgrade to 3.2.7 creates unwanted Aestan bar in right menu
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2021 09:28AM

Hi,

About then Custom items

You have modified the wampmanager.tpl file at your own risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2021 11:57AM by Otomatic.

Re: Upgrade to 3.2.7 creates unwanted Aestan bar in right menu
Posted by: u01jmg3 (---.170.143.150.dyn.plus.net)
Date: December 24, 2021 12:05PM

Thanks for the quick reply - that did the trick! I had no idea "About" contained other customisable options. I'd always just tweaked `wampmanager.tpl` but I see settings are now also stored in the registry making some of what's defined in `wampmanager.tpl` redundant.

For info, I got an error when clicking on "About" because on my Windows machine my system region settings have been customised to use a short date format of `ddd d MMM`. See: [imgur.com]. Changing this to `dd/MM/yyyy` and I got "About" to work again.

(Also, my language is set to English yet the error is in French.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.