Need some guidance
Posted by: DJMarvin54 (---.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com)
Date: August 17, 2022 11:52PM

I have been not been using my installation of WampServer on my laptop for several months and as a novice, I need some guidance to fix a few things.

I am currently running the following:

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 64-bit

2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): 3.2.3.3 64 bits

3 - Apache Version: Apache 2.4.46 Port 80 - PHP 7.3.21

4 - PHP Version: PHP 5.6.40 for CLI (Command-Line Interface)

5 - MySQL Version: MySQL 5.7.31 Port 3306

5a - MariaDB version if applicable: Not applicable

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar): Green

I tried to upgrade WampServer to the current version but couldn't. Given the amount of time that has passed since I last did anything on my local pc, and the fact that the folder containing my virtual host for cincinnatiartclub was deleted at some point causing errors when I start WampServer, I'm trying to decide the best course of action - do a clean install of WampServer or try to recover the missing directory.

I am leaning towards a clean install but need the instructions for getting rid of the current install. I understand that I should not install WampServer over the existing version. I tried to find instructions on the forum but searching didn't get me the information I need. It is probably there and I hate to ask for the information but I just need to know what to do to get everything working correctly. I don't need the cincinnatiartclub files any longer. The site is now live and includes a staging instance on the hosting server.

I looked at my Virtual Hosts and noticed two issues
1. DocumentRoot_error
2. Directory_Path_error

When I select localhost these errors are listed at the bottom of the window:

Your VirtualHost

localhost
cincinnatiartclub
cincinnatiartclub.test

Error(s) See below
The path d:/cincinnatiartclub for DocumentRoot does not exist (File c:/wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.46/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf)
The path d:/cincinnatiartclub/ for <Directory ... does not exist (File c:/wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.46/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf)

This makes perfect sense because I deleted the cincinnatiartclub folder. I clearly did so without considering WampServer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need some guidance
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 18, 2022 08:56AM

Hi,

> 3.2.3 64 bits

- 1 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 2 - Update 3.2.9 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.9

- 3 - Launch Wampserver

Goto localhost page then Add a VirtualHost page.

Click on "Delete VirtualHost form"

Check ServerName to delete, may be cincinnatiartclub

Click on "Delete VirtualHost" button.

Then you need to restart Wampserver:
Right-Click -> Restart from zero

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: August 18, 2022 01:57PM

Thank you. I appreciate the help. I will follow the procedure you have provided and let you know how it goes.

Date: August 18, 2022 02:20PM

Worked perfectly. Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.