Trouble Displaying Local Images
Posted by: cjhawk7 (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 23, 2022 01:17AM

Hi, I have my WAMP database up and running but am unable to get any images to display correctly. I'm using Pantheon web hosting and exported the database files (images), which is a tar.gz file, into what I think is the correct local Wordpress directory. When I inspect the broken images I'm getting a path which is the name of my virtual localhost plus where the images should be locally.

[zinpro-wp]

The portion after "uploads" in the path doesn't exist locally and is referring to the url on the server. How can I get it to point to the tar.gz file that is currently in the "uploads" directory instead of trying to pull what is on the server? Not sure if I'm not looking at this correctly, and this might be more of a Wordpress problem than it is an issue with WAMP, but any insight would be much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble Displaying Local Images
Posted by: cjhawk7 (172.58.78.---)
Date: July 23, 2022 01:54AM

Nevermind, figured it out. Had to extract the tar files in the directory, twice. I like how they just assume you understand to do this in all the documentation I could find.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 23, 2022 09:26AM

Hi,

WordPress puts the base url of the site in the database. So, for any transfer of a WordPress site, whether local or to another host, the database must be modified to reflect the current base url.

It is at WordPress that you have to ask what to do exactly.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: cjhawk7 (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 26, 2022 05:51PM

Okay, thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.