How exactly can I use wampserver (the current build) to provide a full on proxy?
Posted by: MinecraftGuy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2022 10:09AM

I set up WAMPserver, and it's going great. I then decided I wanted to be able to access things from my home IP address, anywhere, so I won't get a bunch of bullshit security checks on things like gmail, paypal, etc that bitch if they catch you on a different IP.

Is there any way I can adjust wamp to give me a proxy connection? And by proxy, I don't mean some bullshit like phproxy, I mean where I'm able to edit my proxy settings, and enter something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where that would be my IP), and a port number into the proxy settings for my browsers.

Before anybody answers:
Yes, I am fully aware of the need for port forwarding. I know precisely how to do that, I use Verizon FIOS, and the routers they provide are very user friendly in their web control panels. I confirmed that the router can indeed forward any port I tell it to, by having it forward port 80 to allow me web access to the PC with WAMP running on it.

I changed a bunch of requires to all granted, and it works.

But I haven't the slightest clue on how to even begin getting it to work as a proxy. If I can access the IP and port from the net, that means if I can set it up as a proxy, it will work right away, so long as the proxy transmits on port 80. I can adjust to any other port if necessary.

So what do I do exactly? Thank you.

I'm using Win 10 professional on the PC running WAMP, and am accessing it using a netbook running Windows 11.
WAMPserver is the latest current build as of the time of this posting, so apache, mysql, etc are all as is when you freshly install it. The W is green.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2022 10:25AM by MinecraftGuy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How exactly can I use wampserver (the current build) to provide a full on proxy?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2022 04:00PM

Hi,

"How exactly do I set up a proxy?" is the kind of question that is not part of Wampserver support.

You should consult the Apache documentation and possibly check with the ApacheLounge forums.

Apache documentation

Apache Lounge

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: How exactly can I use wampserver (the current build) to provide a full on proxy?
Posted by: MinecraftGuy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2022 04:12PM

Ah goddamnit. ><
Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.