PHP Version Glitch - PLEASE Help!
Posted by: NuAngel (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2021 08:59PM

Hello! I've tried searching several forum posts and following existing instructions, but none of them seem to solve my exact issue. Here's what is happening.

I have inherited a server it is now my responsibility to maintain. It is currently running WAMPServer64 3.1.9.

I have made a "virtual machine checkpoint" so that I can test and roll back changes if necessary (thank goodness).

When I boot the machine, it loads PHP version 7.3.5. I can *confirm* this by running a query against the server or loading a page with the proper code, etc...

HOWEVER, when I open WAMPServer64's WAMPManager down in the system tray, it SAYS it is running 7.2.18. Hitting the arrow to reveal the installed versions shows a green check next to 7.2.18. If I click on 7.3.5, everything closes and relaunches, and while the server itself still reports 7.3.5, the tray icon still says 7.2.18 (both green check and in the main menu).

Choosing one of the other, older versions of PHP on the server breaks the website it's hosting, and the log files seem to indicate that they "can't find" extensions in the ext folder, despite the fact that the path is exactly correct and the files ARE THERE.

List of things I have tried:
Re-selecting the "Apache" version (which I've read forces a rebuild of symlinks).
Right click WAMPManager icon, tools, reinstall all services
manual edit of C:\wamp64\wampmanager.conf
manual edit of C:\wamp64\wampmanager.ini
delete C:\program files\php\
upgrade WAMP64 to 3.2.5
upgrade PHP add-in to 7.4.25
manual edit of C:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.3.5\php.ini
manual edit of C:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.3.5\phpForApache.ini
manual edit of C:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.3.5\wampserver.conf
manual edit of C:\wamp64\bin\apache\apache2.4.39\conf\httpd.conf

It is always possible I missed something in any of my "manual edits" or (I was primarily searching for any references to 7.2.18) but

Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY helpful. I'm willing to try anything. And before anyone tries to answer with "if it's not hurting anything, leave it alone" - this prevented me from upgrading to 7.4.25 without breaking everything, so I would like to be able to resolve this.

I can take screenshots or videos of anything necessary if somebody wants to see my issues in action.

Thank you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2021 09:03PM by NuAngel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP Version Glitch - PLEASE Help!
Posted by: NuAngel (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2021 09:51PM

UPDATE:

I found a thread talking about PHP Extensions and I read a reply from Otomatic with the following instructions:

- Right-Click -> Tools -> Empty logs -> Empty all logs -> Y
- Right-Click -> Refresh

When I did this, It appeared to still be broken at first, but this time when I changed to version 7.3.5 from the menu IT WORKED and the version number appeared to be correct!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS. I wanted to post the answer in case anybody else ever found this forum thread and needed help with the same issue I had.

I wanted to note:

I THEN installed WAMP3.2.5 and PHP 7.4.25 (remember, I was always rolling back to my original state during my troubleshooting process) but when I did that, I encountered similar errors to before (suggesting mysqli extension is not loaded) despite the DLL being present and the extension being checkmarked in the PHP extensions menu. But this MAY be an issue on my website? This would be the first time I've upgraded PHP on WAMPServer and this may be an entirely different issue for another forum post.

Still, thank you for helping me resolve the stuck version number issue.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 03, 2021 09:53PM

Hi,

Right-Click -> Tools -> Empty logs -> Empty all logs -> Y

Right-Click -> Refresh

In the next version 3.2.6 there will be an option : Restart from zero

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2021 09:20AM by Otomatic.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 04, 2021 09:26AM

Hi,

> I encountered similar errors to before (suggesting mysqli extension is not loaded)
Please, READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

There is a PHP script to test MySQL connection : wamp(64)/www/testmysql.php
To be modified according to your configuration and tested by: 'http://localhost/testmysql.php'

Read also Right-Click -> Help -> Mariadb - MySQL

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.